Skip to Content
Tomato Fennel Soup with Kingsey®Cheese Curd Croutons
- 15 mL (1 tbsp.) olive oil
- 15 mL (1 tbsp.) butter
- 1 fennel bulb, trimmed, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 796 ml canned San Marzan Italian tomatoes
- 1.5 litre (6 cups) chicken stock
- 500 ml (2 cups) baby spinach leaves, coarsely chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 8 slices of baguette bread
- 375 mL (1 1/2 cup) Kingsey® Cheese Curds
- In a large saucepan, heat oil and butter over medium heat.
- Add fennel and
cook 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add garlic and continue to cook
2 minutes. Add undrained tomatoes (breaking them up with a fork) and chicken stock; season to taste. Simmer 5-8 minutes until fennel is tender.
place 125 mL (1/2 cup) of the Kingsey® Cheese Curds on baguette slices,
pepper generously and broil 5-7 minutes.
- When ready to serve, add spinach leaves to the hot soup and let sit a few minutes until leaves wilt; garnish
each portion with 30 mL (2 tbsp.) Kingsey® Cheese Curds.
- Serve with
a grilled cheese crouton.