Skip to Content
Pasta and Kingsey® European Gourmet
Blend Cheese Casserole
- 250 g fusilli pasta
- 30 mL (2 tbsp.) butter
- 30 mL (2 tbsp.) olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 3 chicken breasts, boned, cut in strips
- 750 mL (3 cups) spinach leaves, coarsely chopped
- 125 mL (1/2 cup) white wine
- 180 mL (3/4 cup) 35% cream
- 200 g Kingsey® European Gourmet Blend or Kingsey® Light European Gourmet Blend cheese, shredded (about 2 cups)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Cook pasta al dente in a large saucepan filled with boiling salted water.
Drain and set aside.
- In a large non-stick pan, melt half the butter and oil.
Sauté onion and garlic 3-5 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- In the same pan,
melt the rest of the butter and oil. Brown chicken strips in 2 or 3 batches.
Put all the chicken, onion and garlic back into the pan, add the white wine
and reduce 3-4 minutes. Add spinach, cover, and cook about 2 minutes,
just long enough for spinach to wilt. Add cream and reduce again, on medium heat, 3 to 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Add drained pasta and half the
shredded cheese. Mix well.
- Pour mixture into 6 individual ovenproof dishes. Sprinkle the remaining shredded cheese evenly onto each portion and bake
10 minutes at 350°F. Broil a few more minutes and serve.